The Receptionist/Accounting Assistant will support the company’s accounting and finance department in a variety of duties including, but not limited to: answer inquiries and obtain information for general public, customers, visitors, and other interested parties, provide information regarding activities conducted at establishment, location of departments, offices, and employees within organization; transfer calls as appropriate to fellow employees, book travel, process invoices for plant purchases, weekly check runs, customer billing for manufacturing customers. May perform other basic clerical duties as assigned.
- Receive customer payments daily and record into NAV.
- Transmit invoices, account statements and related documents to customers, using computer, mail, or facsimile machine.
- Analyze data to determine answers to questions from customers or members of the public.
- Collect, sort, distribute and prepare mail, messages and courier deliveries.
- File and maintain records.
- Greet persons entering establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specificdestinations.
- Keep a current record of staff members’ whereabouts and availability.
- Operate telephone to answer, screen and forward calls, providing information, taking messages and schedulingappointments.
- Creating new customer files, obtain trade references bank references and pull credit report on all new customers.
- Perform administrative support tasks such as proof-reading, transcribing handwritten information, and operatingcalculators.
- Process and prepare memos, correspondence, travel vouchers, or other documents.
- Maintain and transfer points within the AMEX program points for airline tickets.
- Provide information about establishment such as location of departments or offices, employees within the organization, or services provided.
- Schedule space and equipment for special programs and prepare lists of participants.
- Take orders for merchandise or materials and send them to the proper departments to be filled (i.e. office supplies).
- Management of freight invoices (collecting approval, department/sales rep coding, NAV entry and related billing)
- File and maintain records
- Bill Customers for products shipped from our plant
- Back-up Billing for Drop ship items
- Email aging reports and make collection calls for your assigned accounts
- Entity Renewals
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
COMPAX is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to our policy of providing equal employment opportunity to employees and job applicants in a manner consistent with applicable laws and regulations, including federal laws prohibiting employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, or genetic information.